How do I install a permission key for CCH® ProSystem fx® Tax?
- You need the most current installation image for CCH® ProSystem fx® Tax to install a permission key.
- Once the installation image has been downloaded and unzipped, setup.exe will run. On the Permission Key screen, select Internet download and click OK.
- If setup.exe does not run, browse to the installation image and double-click Setup.exe.
- Enter your Single Sign On (SSO) and click Login.
- Select Only Update Licensing From New Permission Key and click OK.
- All users will need to be out of Tax when updating the permission key.
- When the update finishes, click OK.
To update your permission key licensing for adding a product to Tax, such as...
- Client Manager
- DataScan Plus
- Engagement Plus
- G/L Bridge (also sometimes referred to as the Engagement Bridge)
- G/L Direct
...then follow the same steps as above, but in step 4 select Add Products and click OK. On the following window, select the product to add and continue with the default selections throughout the installation.
To add Client Manager, DataScan Plus, or Engagement Plus, you must run Workstation Setup to add the new program icons.
Note: If you are running on a Citrix® or Terminal server, you will need to run workstation setup options 2 after completing the above steps.