How do I reset a return password in CCH Axcess Tax?
The Send Password feature in Return Manager automatically resets and assigns a new password for a secured tax return and emails the new password to the staff needing access. The sender does not receive documentation of the new password. You must have the Reset return password functional right permission assigned to use the Send Password feature.
The Send Password feature in Return Manager automatically resets and assigns a new password for a secured tax return.
- The new password is emailed to the staff requesting access.
- The reset return password "functional right permission" must be assigned to use the Send Password feature.
To send a return password in an email message, complete the following:
- Select a secured tax return in the Return Manager grid.
- Select Send Password in Maintenance > Utilities.
- Select a user ID from the list of staff with access to the Tax system.
- Select Send.
- The password is reset automatically and emailed to the selected staff.
- The system displays a confirmation message when the email transmits successfully.
- Select OK to close the confirmation message.
Note: The system displays an alert message if you attempt to send a password for an unsecured tax return.