Why is CCH ProSystem fx Document On-Premise opening up off screen?
To force CCH ProSystem fx Document On-Premise to always open up on-screen, and on your primary monitor, do the following:
- Go to the computer which ProSystem fx Document On-Premise is not opening correctly.
- Navigate to: "C:\Users\
\AppData\Roaming\IsolatedStorage\StrongName. \StrongName. = the user you are currently logged into the computer as who is having the issue. = A long series of numbers and letters A-H, this number will random.
- In the "Files" folder, there are typically at least three files, they can have rather long names.
- Look for any files with the word "Document" or "Dashboard" in the file name.
- Right-click on one of those files, and select Open With and chose Notepad as the program to open it with.
- The last line is the file should be "Display#."
- "#" could be any number depending on how many monitors you have.
- Example: "Display2" or "Display3."
- Change the last line to "Display1".
- Save the file, and then close out of Notepad.
- Right-click on the file you just edited, and select Properties.
- In the "Properties" box, go to the "General" tab.
- On the "General" tab checkmark Read-only, click Apply, and then OK to close the box.
- Do steps 4-11 for each file containing the word "Document" or "Dashboard".
- CCH ProSystem fx Document On-Premise should now only open on-screen on your main monitor.