What do I need to be able to wordsearch inside PDFs in CCH ProSystem fx Document On-Premise?
Wordsearching inside PDF files requires a 64-bit compatible PDF IFilter to be installed on the application server. In a multi-office environment, the IFilter software must be installed on each application server.
The only supported and recommended PDF IFilter for use with On-Premise is Foxit PDF IFilter Server. The main page for this IFilter can be found here: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/ifilter/
Also, the Indexing service must have the Index files with unknown extensions option enabled:
- Open Computer Management.
- Expand Services and Applications.
- Right-click Indexing Service, and choose Properties.
- Checkmark the Index files with unknown extensions option.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Adobe's x64 IFilter versions 9 or X may work, but are unstable and unsupported. No IFilter is installed by default, they must choose and install one.
- The firm can enter the promo code IFILTER4CCH to get a 35% discount on purchasing Foxit.