How do I create a copy or a new version of a return in CCH Axcess™ Tax?
The below video discusses how to create and manage returns with CCH Axcess™ Tax.
A client can have up to nine versions of a tax return for each specified return type and tax year.
- Open the return that you want to make a copy of in Return Manager.
- Click the Application menu button , and then click Save As > New Version.
- Enter a version description.
- Enter up to 30 characters to describe the new version.
- Click OK.
- Changes made to the return since your last save are applied to the new version only.
- The original version of the return remains unchanged after the last save.
- It is recommended that you label the newly created return as "Original Return," and then make all changes to version 1.
- This will make sure that all users recognize that V1 is the active return for amending and roll forward.