How do I update CCH® ProSystem fx® Scan Administrator to the newest version?
The video below explains how to install Scan using Software Delivery Manager.
Note: The video may reference an earlier version of Scan. The installation instructions are identical for all versions of Scan.
Before You Begin
- The instructions in this article pertain to updating existing installations of Scan only, not installing for the first time. Click here if you are installing CCH ProSystem fx Scan for the first time.
- To update Scan, you first must install Software Delivery Manager. Click here for instructions on installing Software Delivery Manager.
- The steps in this article must be performed from the Scan Administrator workstation. Before proceeding with the download or installation, please move to the Scan Administrator workstation.
- If any of the Import, Archive, or Export folders are located on a different server than Scan Administrator is installed, click here to configure CCH® ProSystem fx® Scan Administrator services to have access to another server's folders.
The process to install Scan consists of two steps:
- Downloading the installation file from Software Delivery Manager.
- Completing the installation process.
Downloading the Installation File from Software Delivery Manager
- Open Software Delivery Manager.
- When prompted for a User ID and Password, enter your CCH® ProSystem fx® Office single sign-on (SSO) ID.
- By default, the User ID is your 6-digit CCH® ProSystem fx® account number.
- Select Scan from the list of products to install.
- Click Start Download in the lower right-hand corner.
- If prompted, select the location where you want to save the installation files, and then click OK.
- Note: During this step you are not installing anything yet. You are just downloading the files to be used for installing.
The download may take a bit of time, depending on your Internet bandwidth. Once the Download Status column displays "View product installation package," you are ready to continue.
As a reminder, the following steps must be done on the Scan Administrator workstation. You should disable all anti-virus software on the workstation before beginning the following procedure.
- In Software Delivery Manager, click View downloaded file in Windows next to Scan. A new Windows® Explorer window opens showing you the installation file that you just downloaded.
- Note: The file name might vary, depending on the version you downloaded. For example, if you downloaded Scan version 22.214.171.124, the file is named "prosystem_fx_scan_126.96.36.199.exe."
- Right-click the installation file and select Run as administrator.
- If you are prompted to confirm that you want to allow Scan to modify your system, select Yes.
- Click Next.
- Review the License Agreement, and then click I Agree.
- If needed, click Browse to select a different installation location.
- Click Install.
- When prompted for a permkey, select Use existing permission key, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Go to the General Settings tab and click the Check Now button to have the program apply any catalog updates.
At this point, you should update Scan on your workstations. For instructions, see How do I install CCH ProSystem fx Scan Workstation?