How do I import trial balance data from other accounting software using Dynalink or G/L Bridge into CCH Axcess™ Tax?
This article and video explain how to use G/L Bridge or Dynalink to import trial balance data from programs such as CCH Axcess™ Financial Prep or CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement into CCH Axcess™ Tax.
Using Dynalink to import trial balance data into CCH Axcess™ Tax creates a dynamic link between the client in your accounting software and the return in CCH Axcess Tax. Data updated in the your accounting software (such as Engagement or Workpaper Manager) will update the tax return as long as the tax return is open.
- Using your trial balance software, create the Dynalink export file.
- In CCH Axcess™ Tax, open the tax return that you want to import the trial balance data into.
- Click the Import/Export tab.
- Click G/L Bridge.
- In Accounting System, select your accounting software (the program that you used to create the compfile).
- Click one of the following:
- Select import file. This option will simply import trial balance data from the compfile. Using this option will not establish a link between your accounting software and CCH Axcess Tax.
- Select client for import. This option will import trial balance data from the compfile and establish a link between the client in your accounting software and the return in CCH Axcess Tax.
- Click Options to review the import options.
- Select the Existing returns tab.
- Select Remove existing data.
- We recommend making this selection so that imported data is not duplicated with data rolled forward from the prior year.
- Click here for more information about the general import options.
- Click here for more information about the import options for existing returns.
- If you would like to keep these options settings for future imports, click Save as Default.
- Click OK.
- If prompted, select the client from your accounting software that you are importing into the tax return.
- Click Import.
- When the import is complete, click Finish.
- You can now view the imported data in the tax return.
- To see where an amount in the tax return came from in the trial balance, click the amount in the tax return and click Quicklink on the Import/Export ribbon.
- If Access Tax is installed on a Citrix or Terminal Server environment, and Engagement or Workpaper Manager is installed on the user's local machine, they cannot use the Dynalink feature.
- If Access Tax and Engagement or Workpaper Manager is installed on a Citrix or Terminal Server environment, they must have both programs installed on the same server and have them opened in the same session.
- Published applications cannot be used, both programs must be accessed through a published desktop.