How do I use G/L Bridge to import trial balance data into CCH ProSystem fx Tax or CCH Global fx Tax?
Before using G/L Bridge to import trial balance data from a trial balance program into your tax return, an export file (also called a compfile) must be created.
- Click here to find out how to create the export file (or compfile) in CCH ProSystem fx Trial Balance.
- Click here to find out how to create the export file (or compfile) from a Binder.
Using G/L Bridge with CCH ProSystem fx Tax or CCH Global fx Tax
- Open Tax Preparation.
- Close the "Open Return" window.
- Click File > Import > G/L Bridge.
- Click Select Import File...
- Browse to the location of Compfile.txt, and click Open.
- Compfile.txt is the export file that you created in the trial balance program using one of the links above.
- Open - Will import into a tax return that has been created, opened, and saved in the current year.
- Click OK to bring up a picklist of existing returns.
- Select a return, and click OK.
- New - Will create a new tax return during the import process.
- Enter a client ID and office group for the new return, then click OK.
- Pro Forma - Will use a tax return that has been Pro Forma'ed (rolled forward) from the previous year to the current year, but never opened and saved in the current year.
- Click OK to bring up a picklist of Pro Formas.
- Select a Pro Forma, and click OK.
- Click here for more information about the G/L Bridge import options