How do I run a Setup Program installation for CCH ProSystem fx Tax?
The below video shows how to run a Setup Program installation for CCH ProSystem fx Tax.
A Setup Program installation reinstalls the .EXE and .DLL files for CCH ProSystem fx Tax for the year you are running it for. The only time you should need to run it is if you have been directed to do so by a knowledge base article or a Support representative.
Important: If running Setup Program installation for a prior year, you must run another Setup Program installation using the most current year's version after it completes.
- You need the latest version of the installation image for CCH ProSystem fx Tax to run a Setup Program installation. If you already have the latest installation files downloaded and extracted, skip to step 3.
- For information on how to download an installation image for CCH ProSystem fx Tax.
- For information on what is the latest version of CCH ProSystem fx Tax.
- Once the installation image has been downloaded and unzipped, the installation wizard will run. When it does, press Exit to close it.
- On your keyboard, press WINDOWS + R to bring up the Run line.
- Type ?:\[path]\setup program and press ENTER.
- Where ? = the drive that the installation files exist and [path] = the folder path of the installation files.
- The default location for downloaded installation images is C:\profile\Documents\ProSystemFxSoftware\Tax\[release version]
- If you have extracted the installation files to a different path, type the drive and folder path that you extracted the installation files to with a \setup program at the end of it as shown above.
- Select "Use previously installed permission key" and click OK.
- If you receive the message, "You are attempting to install a version of the ProSystem fx software...." it means that you are running a Setup Program installation using a version that is not the most current version. If running a Setup Program installation from a prior year, click Yes to continue.
- If running a Setup Program installation from the current year, click No and make sure that you have the most current version of the installation files downloaded in Software Delivery Manager. If using the most current version of the installation files available in Software Delivery Manager, you should not receive this message.
- The installation will begin and should complete on its own.
- If running from a prior year, you may receive messages: "Unable to get Server Name" and "Unable to get Server Object". If you do, click OK on the messages. These will be resolved once Setup Program is run for the current year.
- When it finishes it will ask you to reboot, click Yes.
- If this is being ran on your server please reboot when possible.
- If the Setup Program was run from a prior year, run another Setup Program installation using the most current year's version.