How do I use Unzipclt.exe to restore client backups for CCH® ProSystem fx® Tax?
By default, Unzipclt.exe does not automatically get installed to the Wfx32 folder.
- Using the keyboard, press Windows+R to launch to the run line.
- Type ?:\wfx32 (where ? is the drive that CCH ProSystem fx Tax is installed to).
- Verify Unzipclt.exe exists in this folder.
- If it does not, continue to step 4.
- If it does, skip to step 5.
- To download the Unzipclt.exe utility:
- Right-click on Unzipclt.exe, and select Save target as.
- Browse to "?:\Wfx32" (where ? is the drive that CCH ProSystem fx Tax is installed to).
- Click Save.
- Select Unzipclt.exe.
- Select the drive and directory where the client backup ZIP files reside.
- Click OK.
- The returns have now been extracted from your backup files. To process them into Tax Preparation, you will need to process returns in through Communications.
- Unzipclt.exe automatically extracts the return files to the "?:\Wfx32\Commun\Newbin" folder. In the processing returns through Communications instructions, start with the step that asks you to open Communications.