Additional information for California Residents
Pursuant to California law, we are providing additional information to California residents. Please read this information together with our Privacy & Cookie Notice.
Under California law, certain organizations need to disclose whether the following categories of "personal information" are collected or disclosed for an organization's "business purpose" as those terms are defined under California law. Below please find the categories of personal information about California residents that we collect or disclose to third parties or service providers. Note that while a category may be included below that does not necessarily mean that we have or collect information in that category about you. The personal information we collect depends on the nature of our interaction with you and the Services you may use. For example, while we collect credit card numbers for customers who purchase certain solutions, we do not collect or transfer credit card numbers of individuals that submit questions on our website's "contact us" page. We do not sell personal information.
|Category of personal information collected||Categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information for a business purpose|
|Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||
|Financial information such as credit card number, debit card number or bank account number||
|Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.||
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||
|Professional or employment-related information||
We and our third-party service providers collect personal information from the following sources:
- Direct interactions, such as, when you register for our Services or make a purchase
- Data from third parties, such as, information on third-party websites or other information you may have made publicly available or information provided by third party sources, including but not limited to government entities and data resellers
- Automated tracking technologies, such as, information automatically collected about your interaction with our Services and websites using various technologies such as cookies, web logs and beacons and internet tags
Depending on how you interact with us and our Services, we may use and disclose personal information for the following business purposes:
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity,
- Detecting and repairing errors,
- Performing services on behalf of other businesses,
- Processing or fulfilling orders and transactions,
- Processing payments,
- Providing advertising or marketing,
- Conducting internal research for product and service development, and
- Improving, upgrading, and enhancing our services.
In addition to sharing personal information for the business purposes identified within the California Consumer Privacy Act, we also share personal information as needed, or required, with the following additional third parties:
- organizations involved in business transfers, e.g. to a purchaser or successor entity in the event of a sale or any other corporate transaction involving some or all of our business;
- other parties, e.g. as needed for external audit, compliance, risk management, corporate development and/or corporate governance related matters,
- business partners as directed by an individual, or as needed to process an individual’s request; and
- governmental authorities and regulators, as required under applicable law.
Exercising Rights to Request Access and Request Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions, California residents have the right to request access, deletion and portability of their personal information as further described in the Privacy & Cookie Notice. If you would like to submit a request or have additional questions about the personal information that we have about you, please contact us by sending an email to TAAPrivacySecurity@wolterskluwer.com, or calling 1-800-739-9998 option 1, option 3.
When you submit your request, we will take steps to attempt to verify your identity. We will seek to match the information in your request to the personal information we maintain about you. As part of our verification process, we may ask you to submit additional information, use identity verification services to assist us, or if you have set up an account on our website, we may ask you to sign in to your account as part of our identity verification process. Please understand that, depending on the type of request you submit, to protect the privacy and security of your personal information, we will only complete your request when we are satisfied that we have verified your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty.
We do not discriminate against individuals who exercise their rights under applicable law.
If we receive a request from an authorized agent, we have the right to verify with the data subject that the data subject indeed wants to take the action requested by the agent and will do so by contacting the data subject directly.
Effective January 1, 2020